100% Buyer Protection Guarantee
What is the Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee?
Pay with Amazon provides you with a smarter check out process on third party websites and makes it easy for you to purchase in a secure manner by using the payment methods stored in
your Amazon accounts. These purchases are covered by the 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee. This ensures genuine products, secure payments and easy returns for all items shopped by you.
We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products using Pay with Amazon. That is why we guarantee your purchases when payment is made via Pay with Amazon on third party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee. You can raise a claim if there is a delay in the delivery of the product, the item was defective/damaged or is materially different.
After you have read carefully through the following important guidelines, follow these steps to submit your claim:
- Log on to Pay with Amazon at https://paywithamazon.amazon.in
- Click 'Your Orders' and open the order that you have an issue with
- Click ‘Submit a Claim’ on the next page
When is a buyer covered under the Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee?
You can file a Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee claim if you purchased physical goods from a third party website and paid for the item using Pay with Amazon. See Exclusions from coverage below for a list of items that are not covered by the 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee.
One of the three conditions below must also apply:
- You made a payment using “Pay with Amazon” on a third party seller web site to purchase physical goods but the seller failed to deliver the item within 30 days from the order date ; or
- You received the item, but the item was defective, damaged, or materially different than as depicted in the seller's description; or
- You have returned the item to the seller as per an agreement between you and seller and the seller has not provided the agreed refund to you after receiving the item.
You must first contact the seller through Your Account before filing a claim. Please allow three business days to give your seller a chance to address the issue. You can submit a Guarantee claim if the seller does not respond or if the issue is not addressed to your satisfaction.
What are the requirements of the Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee?
- You must purchase physical goods from a third party seller using the Pay with Amazon service on a third party seller site.
Timeframe for Claims:
- You must wait 30 days from the order date for filing a claim. You can submit a claim upto 90 days after the order date
- If you have received a materially different item, you must contact the seller within fourteen (14) days of receipt to request return information
- If your item becomes defective within 90 days from the order date and it is under warranty, you might want to consider contacting the manufacturer for repair or replacement
Exclusions from coverage:
- The following items are not covered by the Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee: Digital merchandise
- If you paid by credit card, and the issuing bank has initiated a chargeback, you are not eligible for coverage under the Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee
How much coverage will I receive?
Buyers who pay for third party seller purchases via the Pay with Amazon website are eligible to receive up to Rs. 3,00,000 of the purchase price, including delivery charges
What does it cost?
Buyers are covered at no cost. We're committed to creating a safe buying experience when you are using Pay with Amazon. If you have additional questions about the 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee, please contact us
How do I file a claim?
If you made the purchase through the Pay with Amazon service on a seller website, you can submit a claim by viewing the specific order details via Your Account on our website https://paywithamazon.amazon.in. Click "Your orders", and then click "Submit a claim" next to your order to file your claim.
When do I use the "I returned my order" reason while filing a Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee claim?
If a seller has clearly misrepresented the condition or details of an item in a way that affects its value or utility, the seller should be willing to offer a refund or exchange per the terms of the seller's return policy. If the seller does not accept the return of an item that is made in accordance with the seller's return policy, you may qualify for coverage under our 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee. Please visit our Return Help pages for more information regarding returns.
When submitting your claim, please provide further details about the desired resolution by choosing one of these options:
- Received no refund: You returned the item, but did not receive a refund from the seller
- Received no replacements: The seller promised a replacement, but you did not receive a replacement
- Received insufficient credit: The seller issued you a refund, but it's less than what you expected
- Ordered wrong items: You returned an item you ordered by mistake
When do I use the "I did not receive my item or received them late" reason while filing a 100% Buyer Protection claim?
If the estimated delivery date noted on your order detail page has passed and you have still not received the product(s) you ordered, you can file a claim citing the reason "I did not receive my item or received them late."
You can also choose the desired resolution:
- Received item late and would like to return: The item arrived after the estimated delivery date, and you would like to return the item to the seller rather than keep it
- Did not receive full order or part of the order: Some or all items in the order have not been delivered to you yet
- Received items late and would like to have a refund of delivery charges: The item arrived after the estimated delivery date, but you would keep it if the seller were to issue you a refund of your delivery costs
When do I use the "Order contained damaged/defective/incorrect items" reason while filing a Pay with Amazon 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee claim?
If a seller has clearly misrepresented the condition or details of an item in a way that affects its value or utility, it is "materially different" and the seller should be willing to offer a refund or exchange per the terms of the seller's returns policy. If the seller does not accept the return of an item that is made in accordance with the seller's return policy, you may qualify for coverage under our 100% Buyer Protection Guarantee. Please visit our Return Help pages for more information regarding returns.
Items are considered "damaged/defective or incorrect" in these circumstances:
- Wrong version or edition: You received the item ordered, but it's a different version or edition than what was displayed on product page
- Item condition or details not as described: You received the item ordered, but it was a different condition (e.g., used or refurbished instead of new) or had an important detail that was not explained on product page
- Item was completely different from what was ordered: Seller mistakenly sent completely incorrect item. (e.g., Audio CD instead of DVD)
- Missing parts or components: The item is missing parts or components. (e.g., Camera kit was supposed to include a tripod, but it was not received.)
- Item defective during first use: When you tried to first use the product, it did not work (e.g., HDTV did not turn on)
- Item defective after first use: The product did not work or was broken on second or subsequent use
- Damaged item: The item delivered was visibly damaged (e.g. Plastic storage you ordered had chipped pieces)
When submitting a claim with the reason "order contained damaged/defective/incorrect items," you will need to select one of the reasons above and provide comments explaining what happened.
Note: This does not extend to cases where you are simply disappointed with an item. We will ultimately determine material difference at our discretion.
What happens after submitting a claim?
You can track the progress of your claim by viewing the order in Your Account on the Pay with Amazon website. From the transaction details, click 'Problem with this transaction?' or 'Problem with this order' to see the status of your claim.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during the processing period, as we may contact you for additional information. We may also attempt to contact the seller to encourage him or her to work directly with you to resolve the problem.
I submitted a claim which was resolved in my favour, and later I received the lost or correct item. What do I do?
If you receive the item after a claim is resolved, please contact Customer Service.
About Denied Claims
The common reasons for a claim being denied include:
- The item received was the same as described by the seller
- The item was received and the seller provided verification of delivery
- The buyer failed to respond to a request for further information
- The claim was filed due to buyer remorse rather than an actual issue with the item
- The buyer filed a chargeback with their payment processor or bank
- The buyer was unwilling to return the item to the seller