- Controllers of Personal Information
- What Personal Information Does Amazon Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Amazon share the Information it receives?
- How Secure is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- What Information can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Pay with Amazon?
- Notices and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Amazon Online Distribution Services Private Limited ("Amazon", "we", "us", "our") under this Privacy Notice will be stored and controlled by Amazon Media EU SARL (the data controller), at 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338, Luxembourg.
Amazon.com, Inc. and its controlled US subsidiaries are participants in the Safe Harbour programme developed by the US Department of Commerce and the European Union. These Amazon Group companies have certified that they adhere to the Safe Harbour Privacy Principles agreed upon by the US and the EU. For more information about the Safe Harbour and to view these Amazon Group companies' certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbour website. If you would like to contact Amazon directly about the Safe Harbour programme, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The information we learn from customers helps us provide, personalise and continually improve the Services. We use your information to process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our Services, prevent, detect or report fraud or abuses of our Services and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter while using the Services or give us in any other way. Click here see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use the Services. We use the information that you provide for conducting the Services, opening your account at Amazon, processing your transactions, responding to your requests and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Services. Click here to see examples of the information we receive. When you interact with a third-party site that uses our Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. Click here to see examples of the information your browser may send.
E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Pay with Amazon if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users. We communicate with users on a regular basis via e-mail to provide requested services. We also use your e-mail address to confirm your opening of a Pay with Amazon account, to send information about important changes to our Services, and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. You agree to receive such communications electronically. We may send you promotional messages about new services, offers or opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. However, we reserve the right to send you notice for customer service reasons, including notices about your account or transactions using our Services.
Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
By using or continuing to use the site you agree to our use of your information (including sensitive personal information) in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as may be amended from time to time by Amazon in its discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring and sharing information (including sensitive personal information) related to you with third parties or service providers for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for Amazon to disclose your information, if so required under the applicable law.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser so we can recognize you as a Pay with Amazon user if you return to our website or to a third party website related to our Services using the same computer and browser.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Information about our users is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Pay with Amazon shares customer information only as described below and with Amazon.com, Inc. and/or the subsidiaries which Amazon.com, Inc., controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Disclosure to Other Users: When you send payments, your name, e-mail address, or mobile phone number may be disclosed to the intended recipient. Once a transaction is complete, this information will be displayed in the transaction list of the user receiving payment. Mobile phone number and alias information are only disclosed as part of our mobile payments. Our "tag" feature also permits users of a mobile-initiated transaction to view a text reference associated with the transaction on our site.
- Purchases: We do not disclose your financial information (such as full credit card information) to any seller or other recipient of payments (the "Recipient”) you make without your prior consent. When you make a purchase by using our Services, we may make certain other personal information about you available to the Recipient required to complete the transaction (such as name, e-mail and shipping address and phone number), in the event of a dispute regarding the transaction, or as part of a fraud investigation. The use of the information that we provide to a Recipient will be governed by the agreements or policies of that Recipient.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and transactions that you request or authorize. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payment transactions, verifying identity, fraud screening and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable law.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences under your account on www.paywithamazon.amazon.in.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Amazon.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Pay with Amazon and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our User Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organisations, government or regulatory authorities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside India in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws including but not limited to Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules framed thereunder.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on "Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements".
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. You should keep confidential your password and any security questions. The security of your Pay with Amazon account relies on your protection of your password and security questions. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD. If you do share your password with a third party for any reason, the third party may have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account and changing your Profile settings, and also contact us right away. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party web sites.
Our website or third party websites related to our Services may also display personalised third-party advertising based on personal information about users.
Pay with Amazon gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Information about you may be accessed by logging into your Pay with Amazon account and viewing the "My Account" tab. This list will change as our website evolves.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Pay with Amazon features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive User Agreement and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Pay with Amazon and usage of Services via Pay with Amazon, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Use of Pay with Amazon is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use Pay with Amazon only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at Pay with Amazon, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the User Agreement will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you open an account, use the Services or communicate with customer service. For example, to open a Pay with Amazon account, you must provide your name, address, and an e-mail address. To make certain payments through us, you must provide credit card or bank account information. We also may ask you to choose security questions to answer before we process transactions, issue you a new password or provide you with customer service. We also collect information that may be necessary for us to verify your identity and comply with anti-money laundering or similar law. Such information may include name, address, date of birth, passport and/or driver's license number. We may ask you to send us additional information (such as a credit card statement and/or a recent utility bill or other information linking you to an address in your account). We also may ask you to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity. We may also require additional information if you send or receive certain high-value transactions or high aggregate payment volumes through our Services.
Other examples of when you provide information include when you: place an order by using our Services, including on a third party's website related to our services; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address while using our Services); communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; and employ other personal notification services such as such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); the personal description in your Your Profile; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some third party websites with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by Amazon Group Companies, Alexa Internet and A9; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Overture); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some users. For example, if you register a credit card or debit card with us, we will check if the card is authorized and use your data in order to prevent fraud. In addition, we, at our sole discretion and subject to applicable law, reserve the right periodically to retrieve and review a credit report or other credit history information from credit bureaus for any account.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at our site include: up-to-date information regarding recent transactions; personal information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and address book); payment settings (including credit-card information and bank account information).